Advertisement

Hannaford fire forces market to temporarily close

April 14, 2019 01:52 PM

ALBANY-- Firefighters believe a fire at Hannaford last night started in a medical freezer unit under the pharmacy's counter. 

Crews tell NewsChannel 13 the fire at the Hannaford on Central Avenue was contained to the pharmacy. 

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The fire started around 7:30 p.m. Saturday and was knocked down shortly after.

Shoppers had to get their groceries elsewhere because the flames forced the store to shutdown. 

Hannaford tells NewsChannel 13 they plan to reopen Monday. 

Credits

Muneib Chater

Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Amsterdam homicide under investigation

Man found guilty of murdering woman in Fulton County

Trump suggests Iran's shootdown of drone was accidental

Daytime Hudson shooting leads to big heroin bust

Biden's words on segregationist senators draw rivals' fire

Advertisement