Child found safe after Amber Alert

October 22, 2017 12:43 AM

Many of the neighbors who live near the home at 341 Spring Avenue in Troy say they don't often see the young couple that lives there.

“I never see them,” said Shauna Hicks. “Sometimes I hear them because they're a little loud. They like to dispute a lot and it comes into the street, so I think a lot of the neighbors will hear them."

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The couple that some neighbors hear more than they see, Frank Bragg and Amanda Rua, had a baby boy together three months ago. They named him Donovan.

On Friday morning, when Bragg and Rua found out a Rensselaer County Family Court judge was about to take little Donovan away, they took their baby away with them, which triggered an instant Amber Alert, something that neighbors say they found out about in a hurry.

“I got it on the radio and I got it on my phone. That's good we have that technology,” said Jim Jebic.

“When I was downtown an hour ago, I got one on my phone,” added Hicks.

Late Friday afternoon, Glenville Police picked up a ping on Bragg's cell phone. So they knew he was nearby. While they were zeroing in, Bragg walked into the Glenville police station carrying his son. Child Protective Services people were seeing taking the baby a short time later.

Meanwhile, Rua was picked up by State Police in Clifton Park soon after that.

“It's a little unnerving because for it to be so close to home, granted I hear a lot of stories that happen in Troy but to think that it happened to someone across the street, it's a little scary,” Hicks said.

Bragg and Rua were arraigned in Rensselear County Family Court Friday night and sent to the county jail.


WNYT Staff

Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Relay Media Amp
Locals, legislators continue to fight placement of sex offenders in group homes

Outbreak of Coxsackie virus sidelines sports teams

More complaints, advice for Oak Hill tenants

Woman stabs 5 - including newborns - at New York nursery

Girl, 4 others shot during memorial service expected to live