The Italian Bird
February 25, 2019 12:24 PM
Arthur Alan Wise , Certified Executive Chef
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 4 – 6 minutes
Cuisine: Italian American
- 1 Portuguese Muffin
- 1 oz. Butter
- 2 oz. Basil Pesto (w/o nuts)
- 2 oz. Provolone Cheese (sliced or shredded)
- 1 – 6oz. Chicken Breast (lightly pounded)
- 1 oz. spice (garlic, onion, hot pepper, salt, black pepper, rosemary, oregano)
- 1 slice (thick) Beefsteak Tomato
Season the chicken breast with spices.
Heat sauté pan to medium high, add oil and wait for it to shimmer, then add the breast.
Cook Chicken on the first side for 3-4 minutes. Flip over and place Provolone on top.
Meanwhile toast your Muffin.
When done take the chicken out of the pan and let rest.
When Muffin is toasted spread Pesto on bottom Muffin then place your Tomato and Chicken.
Spread Pesto on top Muffin and place on sandwich.
Preparation Time: 10 min
- 4 cups basil leaves (fresh, packed)
- 1 cup Romano cheese (or freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- black pepper
Combine the basil and the garlic and place in food processor, pulse a few times.
Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Updated: February 25, 2019 12:24 PM
Created: February 23, 2019 08:49 AM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved