Advertisement

Piece of Saratoga Springs' history restored

WNYT Staff
Created: November 15, 2019 07:45 PM

SARATOGA SPRINGS - A piece of Saratoga Springs history is rededicated.

The Katrina Trask Gateway Memorial was first built and dedicated in 1922.

Advertisement

Last year, the city's Department of Public Works identified it as a Capital Project and got the funds for a complete restoration.

That included demolition of the original concrete steps, a new concrete base, restoration of the gateposts, and other upgrades.

A ceremony was held to unveil the improvements.


Copyright 2019 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Queensbury hosts 'Pink the Rink' for ninth year

Some businesses in Albany not complying with snow removal on sidewalks

Democrats appeal for GOP help to convict 'corrupt' Trump

Trump sets presidential record for most tweets in a day

Trial in Schoharie limo crash case moved to May

Advertisement