Kung Pao Brussel Sprouts
March 23, 2019 10:44 AM
- 1lb Brussel sprouts cleaned and halved
- 1tbl vegetable oil
- 1tsb salt
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 1tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tblsp Siracha or to taste
- 1tblsp sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2tsp cornstarch
- Scallions for garnish
- Toss Brussel sprouts in oil and salt, roast on a sheet tray at 400” for 15-20 minutes, until tender and brown. Remove and set aside.
- In a sauté pan lightly sauté ginger and garlic in oil until fragrant. Add sherry and simmer for 30 seconds, whisk in the rest of ingredients except for cornstarch and water and reduce for 2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch to water and whisk well add to sauté pan and bring back to simmer.
- Toss in the Brussel sprouts and cook until rewarmed and coated in sauce.
- Serve garnished with chopped scallions.
Created: March 23, 2019 10:44 AM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved