Maple Bacon Cupcakes
September 09, 2018 11:46 AM
White Cake Mix
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl cream together sugar, butter. Beat eggs separately adding one at a time, add vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients separate.
- Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture.
- Fill muffin liners, 3/4 full.
Bake 20-25 minutes.
2 cups shortening or butter
1/2 cup coffee mate
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon maple extract or maple syrup
1/2-3/4 cups water
1 package confectioner sugar
- Blend shortening, vanilla, 1/2 cup water, coffee mate.
- Slowly add confectioner sugar and mix with electric mixer. Continue adding confectioner sugar.
- Add additional water if frosting is too stiff.
If you use butter instead of shortening frosting and cake/ cupcakes must be refrigerated. Use of shortening does not require refrigeration.
1 pound thick sliced bacon
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees )
- Mix brown sugar, apple cider vinegar,maple syrup in small bowl
- Place bacon on cooling rack over baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 10 minutes, turn bacon, bake 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven. Brush bacon with brown sugar mixture.
Return bacon to oven and baste each side every 5 minutes until brown and crisp.
Created: September 09, 2018 11:46 AM
Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved