September 01, 2019 11:49 AM
Chef A.J. Presents:
Miss Sydney’s Meatloaf Muffins, Sweet Corn Hash &
Ingredients for the meatloaf muffins: (Yield 8 Servings)
- 2lb’s of Ground Beef
- ½ Cup of Sour Cream
- ½ Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Ground Fennel
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Granulated Garlic
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Granulated Onion
- Pinch of Nutmeg
Method for the meatloaf muffins:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended.
- Using a 4oz scoop portion into patties and place in a muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven or until it reaches a temperature of 140 degrees and pull them out of the oven and let cool (Meatloaf will be moist due to the sour cream).
Ingredients for the sweet corn hash:
- 2/ 3oz Bags of Idahoan Premium Hash Brown
- 2 Cups of Finely Diced White Onions
- 2 Cups of Boiling Water
- 1/15.25oz of Whole Kernel Corn Drained (No Salt Added)
- 1/1oz Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 Cup of Oil
Method for the sweet corn hash:
- Pour pouch of hash browns into a small bowl
- Add the boiling water and stir lightly with a fork to moisten the hash browns
- Cover and let stand for 8 to 10 minutes
- Heat a 12” cast iron skillet over medium to high heat and start by caramelizing the onions and corn for about 5 minutes
- Spread hash browns evenly over the onion and corn mixture and let sit for a few minutes
- Cook uncovered for about 10-15 minutes on low until golden brown stirring the mixture every few minutes
Ingredients for the pickled onions:
- 4 White Onions
- 2/16 oz. Glass Mason Jars
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- Red food coloring as desired
Method for the pickled onions (Do this 2 weeks in advance so it has time to cure):
- Slice the onions paper thin using a mandolin and place in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar, water and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add red food coloring to the vinegar mixture until desired redness is met.
- Divide the onions between the two mason jars. Pack down in the jars firmly.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the onions in each jar evenly and until fully submerged.
- Seal each jar with a lid and place in the refrigerator. This is a cold pickling process and you should ALWAYS use glass jars. It must stay chilled at all times. The shelf life is about 2 months with refrigeration.
Method for assembly of Meatloaf Muffins:
- Heat the meatloaf muffins in a skillet and plate with the sweet corn hash and top the meat loaf with the pickled onions and Whipple’s Ketch-It-Up.
Presented by: Chef AJ Owner/Operator of Miss Sydney’s Secret Family Recipes, LLC
Executive Chef for the Swifty’s Restaurant Group
Updated: September 01, 2019 11:49 AM
Created: September 01, 2019 08:45 AM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved