Miss Sydney's Twisted BLT
August 11, 2019 01:15 PM
Method for the twisted BLT:
- Spread out bacon slices on a sheet pan, sprinkle Montreal Steak Seasoning over the top of the bacon (only one side), and bake to desired texture, then set aside.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and set aside.
- Toss arugula and pickled blueberries together and set aside.
Ingredients for the Indu’s Chutney Mousse:
- 1 jar of Miss Sydney’s Indu’s Chutney
- 1lb of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of Mayonnaise
Method for the Indu’s Chutney Mousse:
- Combine the above ingredients in a small bowl and cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
Ingredients for pickled blueberries:
- 2 1/2 lbs. of blueberries
- 1 Bottle of Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Method for the pickled blueberries:
- Wash the blueberries and gently pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Mix the Saranac Blueberry Blonde Ale, Vinegar, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar in a large tail pot.
- Simmer until it begins to foam due to the yeast in the beer. ***Be careful to watch it so it does not boil over.
- Add the blueberries into the pot and bring back to a boil to reach a temperature of 185 degrees.
- Pour into sterile jars using a canning funnel with a wide mouth opening and fill it with the blueberries.
- Seal and invert jars (Place jar upside down for about 10 minutes so that the heat seals the cap.).
Method for assembly of Twisted BLT:
- Slice the croissant and spread both sides with the Miss Sydney’s Indu’s Chutney Mousse.
- Next start by layering the arugula blueberry mix with the sliced tomatoes and bacon.
- Serve with your favorite chips and pickle. Enjoy!
Presented by: Chef AJ Owner/Operator of Miss Sydney’s Secret Family Recipes, LLC
Executive Chef for the Swifty’s Restaurant Group
Updated: August 11, 2019 01:15 PM
Created: August 11, 2019 08:48 AM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved