Advertisement

Motorcycle explosion suspected cause in Queensbury house fire

July 19, 2018 11:28 PM

Fire destroys a home in Queensbury, seriously burning two people.

The call came in around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday Country Club Road. Flames were tearing through the roof when authorities got there. 

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

A car and a lawnmower also caught fire in the driveway.

The Queensbury Central Fire Chief said there were children in the home, they were not hurt. But two men were airlifted to a hospital.

"They are badly burned,” Chief Adam Norton said. “The one gentleman that was working in the garage, from what I understand was on fire when he came out and then the other gentleman tried to help retrieve him out of the garage has also got some burns. I believe some airway burns."

Firefighters believe the men were working on a motorcycle in the garage when it exploded, later spreading to the rest of the property. 

Credits

Emily Burkhard

Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lightning strike causes a fire at Saratoga Springs City Hall

Motorcyclist dies after early-evening crash in Colonie

Police in Bethlehem searching for missing 13-year-old girl

Cuomo on his 'inartful' remark: 'Of course America is great'

Move over or pay up ... Cohoes police enforce Move Over Law

Advertisement