Advertisement

Motorcycle explosion suspected cause in Queensbury house fire

July 19, 2018 11:28 PM

Fire destroys a home in Queensbury, seriously burning two people.

The call came in around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday Country Club Road. Flames were tearing through the roof when authorities got there. 

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

A car and a lawnmower also caught fire in the driveway.

The Queensbury Central Fire Chief said there were children in the home, they were not hurt. But two men were airlifted to a hospital.

"They are badly burned,” Chief Adam Norton said. “The one gentleman that was working in the garage, from what I understand was on fire when he came out and then the other gentleman tried to help retrieve him out of the garage has also got some burns. I believe some airway burns."

Firefighters believe the men were working on a motorcycle in the garage when it exploded, later spreading to the rest of the property. 

Credits

Emily Burkhard

Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Blue balloons released in Schaghticoke to honor Schoharie crash victims

Mohawk Ambulance workers fighting for raise

Sears files for Chapter 11 amid plunging sales, massive debt

Last Kmart in immediate Albany-Schenectady-Troy area to close

From Poestenkill to the obliterated Florida panhandle

Advertisement