Updated: October 12, 2020 07:11 PM
Created: October 11, 2020 02:30 PM
Mummy pretzels are a spooky treat and a fun project for the kids to make (and eat!).
Here’s what you’ll need to make them
Yield: makes about 50 dipped mummy pretzels.
What you’ll need.
1. Prepare the pan. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Melt the candy coatings. Place a half pound of white Merckens candy coatings into a 2-cup glass measuring cup or
a deep microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave. Stir and return to the
microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat until only a few lumps of chocolate remain. Then reduce the melting time
10-15 seconds and stir. (This prevents burning the chocolate.)
3. Dip the pretzels and attach icing eyes. Dip pretzels into the melted chocolate using a fork or two-prong dipping
tool. Remove the pretzel from the chocolate and tap it on the side of the bowl to remove excess melted chocolate.
dipped pretzel on the parchment paper. Immediately place icing eyes on the wet chocolate. Repeat with remaining
4. When all pretzels are dipped, place them in the refrigerator until the chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
5. Drizzle additional chocolate. Melt remaining chocolate as directed above. Place melted chocolate into a disposable
piping bag. Cut the tip off the bag. Gently drizzle the melted chocolate over top of the pretzels, leaving a space for the
icing eyes to peek out.
6. Return the pretzels to the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes.
Copyright 2020 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company