Advertisement

Albany fire leaves 7 people homeless

March 12, 2019 05:29 PM

Seven people are displaced after a late night fire in the 500 block of New Scotland Avenue in Albany. The fire broke out just after 10 p.m. Monday. 

Albany Fire Chief Joseph Gregory says the building had five individual units. He believes the fire started on the first floor before moving into the second floor and the roof. The fire department says the cause was accidental -- believed to be related to smoking.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Monday night was windy and cold, which was a factor for the nearly 40 firefighters who responded to the two alarm fire. 

All occupants made it out safely before firefighters arrived. No firefighters were injured.

The home was set to be demolished on Tuesday afternoon.

Credits

Alyssa Plock

Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Barr scours Trump-Russia report to see how much to open

Albany Police investigating shooting

Memorial service remembering Berkshire woman who died in Ethiopian plane crash

Cohoes Fire Chief: fire caused by improper use of candle

Journey Through The Body underway at Crossgates

Advertisement