Nutmeg Nanny's Chicken Sausage Fajitas
July 29, 2018 11:04 AM
- 2 (12 ounce) packages al fresco Roasted Garlic chicken sausage, sliced
- 2 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 8-12 flour tortillas, depending on size, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a large bowl add sliced sausage, sliced peppers, and sliced onion.
In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch, chili powder, kosher salt, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
Sprinkle the spice mix over the sausage and peppers and stir to evenly coat.
Put half the mixture on each sheet pan, spread out into a thin layer and bake for about 15 minutes, stirring halfway, or until golden brown. If you want even browner color you can pop the trays under the broiler for a few minutes.
Serve on flour tortillas with a sprinkle of minced cilantro and cotija cheese.
Created: July 29, 2018 11:04 AM
Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved