Pulled pork from Chef Art Wise
June 23, 2018 11:37 AM
This recipe is for Stove Top:
1. Take a 5 lb. Boneless Boston Butt place it in a large pot (big enough to comfortably fit the pork) fill with Dr. Pepper, Orange Soda or Root Beer (usually 3 -16 oz. bottles) until it covers the pork.
2. Cook on a low, slow boil for 2-3 hours.
3. Check to see if the meat is cooked by picking it up with tongs; if the meat appears soft and falls away easily under your grip, it’s ready.
4. When the pork is cooked, take it out of the pot (don’t discard the stock) and place on a tray. Remove the skin and fat and start shredding the pork dragging two forks into it in opposite directions, pulling the meat apart and into strands. (you can chop a little of the fat back into the pulled pork if you want a richer flavour.)
5. The stock that is left can be reduced by a half to two thirds to make a delicious BBQ sauce that can be used to mix in with the pork
Updated: June 23, 2018 11:37 AM
Created: June 22, 2018 11:22 AM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved