- 1 cup pitted mejool dates
- ½ cup gluten free rolled quick oats
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup sundried blueberries
- approximately ¼ cup almonds
- Place almonds in the food processor and pulse until crushed.
- Remove crushed almonds from food processor and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients in food processor.
- Process until a dough ball is formed. If mixture seems too moist, add more oats.
- Remove the dough ball from the processor and set it aside on a parchment paper lined plate or tray. (Sometimes the mixture becomes warm in the processor. If it’s warm, allow the dough ball to cool before continuing to work with it).
- Once the dough ball is cool, break off 1 inch x 1inch pieces of dough and roll them into small spheres.
- Lightly coat the outside of the spheres with almond butter. You can use your fingers to do this.
- Roll the lightly coated spheres in the crushed almonds. Place completed almond butter and jelly bites on a parchment paper lined tray. Enjoy right away or put in the fridge, and save them for next time.
- Treats last up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Dark Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tbsp cacao powder + 1 tsp
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT THE 1 TSP CACAO POWDER in a food processor and process until a dough ball is formed.
- If dough ball is warm, allow it to cool before you continue to work with it.
- Once the dough ball is cool, break off 1 inch x 1 inch pieces of dough and roll them into small spheres.
- Gently dust the spheres with 1 tsp cacao powder for garnish
- Enjoy immediately or place them in the fridge. Truffles last up to 2 weeks in the fridge
Copyright 2020 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company