Sam's Crab Stuffed Roman Artichokes
November 09, 2018 01:04 PM
Crab Stuffed Roman Artichokes are featured as one of the many Thanksgiving appetizers at Sam’s Seafood Steakhouse, as well as on the restaurant’s everyday menu. Roman style Artichokes differ from other artichokes in that they are preserved in flavorful olive oil rather than soaked in a traditional brine.
1 lb. claw crab meat
4oz red bell pepper
2oz green bell pepper
1 stalk celery
2oz fresh dill
1 teaspoon old bay
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup crushed crackers
- Hollow Artichokes out.
- Dice red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and celery, and put into medium mixing bowl.
- Open crab and squeeze excess liquid out. (this prevents a soggy final product.)
- Flake crab meat into the bowl.
- Add mayo and crackers, and mix.
- Stuff the Artichokes with the crab mixture.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and coat all artichokes.
- Beat four eggs.
- Heat pan and coat with olive oil.
- Dip each artichoke in the egg and pan fry until golden, then finish in the oven at 325 F degrees, for six minutes.
For more on Sam's Seafood Steakhouse, Click Here.
Updated: November 09, 2018 01:04 PM
Created: November 09, 2018 09:43 AM
Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved