Summer Salad with BB's Sweet Vinaigrette & Kronenbourg Blanc Shandy
June 29, 2019 11:45 AM
Chef A.J. Presents:
Miss Sydney’s Summer Salad with BB’s Sweet Vinaigrette
& Kronenbourg Blanc Shandy
Ingredients for the chicken: (Yields 4 Servings)
- 1 lb. Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb. of Hand Crushed Potato Sticks
- 1/2 cup Miss Sydney’s BB’s Sweet Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Kronenbourg Blanc
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
Ingredients for salad:
- 4 Heads Boston Bib Lettuce, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Red Bartlett Pears, Thinly Sliced
- 1 cup Thinly Sliced Red Onions
- 1 cup of Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 cup of Miss Sydney’s BB’s Sweet Vinaigrette
Ingredients for the Kronenbourg Shandy:
- 4 cans of Kronenbourg Blanc
- 2 small cans of Ginger Ale
Method for the Chicken:
- Spray non-stick spray on a cookie sheet and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound the chicken tenders thin with a meat mallet.
- In a bowl, combine the Miss Sydney’s BB’s, with the Kronenbourg Blanc, Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and marinate in the fridge overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- After the chicken is fully marinated, take out two bowls. Place the mayo in one bowl and the crushed potato sticks in the other bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place each tender in the bowl of mayo to coat both sides.
- Then place the mayo coated tender in the crushed potato stick mix and generously hand coat each side and place onto the baking sheet. Do this for each tender.
- Place the chicken in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until center reaches a temperature of 165 degrees. Then let it cool.
Method for the Salad:
- Roughly chop Boston lettuce and place in a large bowl.
- Top the lettuce with thinly sliced pears, crumbled blue cheese and red onion.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Place a portion of the salad mixture in 4 serving bowls.
- Slice the chicken tenders and place on the top of each salad and serve immediately.
Method for the Shandy:
- In a chilled pint glass, place one can of Kronenbourg Blanc and a splash of ginger ale to taste and enjoy!
Updated: June 29, 2019 11:45 AM
Created: June 25, 2019 05:36 PM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved