Sunhee's House Kimchi
August 25, 2019 11:57 AM
- Napa cabbage
- Daikon radish
- Green onion
- Hot red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Minced garlic
- Minded ginger
- Fish sauce
- Salted baby shrimp
- Sweet rice flour paste
- Asian pear purée
1. Soak whole cabbage in salt water briefly and sprinkle sea salt onto each leaf, making sure to concentrate on the thick white parts of the leaf near the end. Let soak for 2-3 hours then drain.
2. Cut daikon into strips and scallions into inch-long pieces.
3. Mix daikon, green onion, hot red pepper flakes, sea salt, ginger, and garlic in quantities of your liking.
4. Add small quantities of fish sauce and baby shrimp. Make sure spices are salty enough.
5. Add a spoonful of sweet rice flour paste and sweetener to taste.
6. Starting with the outer leaves, spread spice mix onto cabbage with fingers.
7. Bring in cabbage leaves and transfer to jar or container. Let ferment for 24-48 hours at room temperature then transfer to refrigerator.
Click here for more information on the Ferry Street night market.
Updated: August 25, 2019 11:57 AM
Created: August 25, 2019 08:31 AM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved