Advertisement

Woman inhales smoke while checking on neighbors during Lansingburgh fire

February 28, 2019 10:44 AM

A neighbor who wanted to make sure everyone was safe had to be taken to the hospital after a fire in Lansingburgh.

It broke out around 2:30 a.m. Thursday in a duplex at 509 Fifth Ave.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The assistant fire chief says the fire caused some major damage to the first and second floors. It spread to the building right next door, causing some minor damage there.

He says a neighbor ran to the burning home and opened the door to make sure everyone was out. She inhaled a lot of smoke and had to go to the hospital, but she's expected to be ok.

Everyone else is ok.

Credits

WNYT Staff

Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Voters approve revised budget for Greater Johnstown School District

Trump rehashes gripes, rips 'radical' Dems in 2020 launch

Latham woman gets sick at Dominican Republic resort

Cohoes man pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in death of friend

Limo company operator must submit DNA for Schoharie investigation

Advertisement