Advertisement

Republican Harry Wilson opts out of NY governor's race

January 03, 2018 05:53 AM

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - There's one less name on the list of possible Republican challengers to Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
    
Former investment manager Harry Wilson announced his decision not to run Monday on Facebook.
    
Wilson cited his family and four daughters and said he can't commit the time needed to campaign or run the state.
    
The 46-year-old has experience in turning around troubled companies. He served on the task force created by Democratic President Barack Obama to save the auto industry following the economic downturn. He was an unsuccessful candidate for state comptroller in 2010.
    
Cuomo has said he will seek a third term this November.
    
Brian Kolb, the Republican minority leader in the state Assembly, announced his campaign for governor last month. Republican Sen. John DeFrancisco is also considering a run.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Credits

AP

(Copyright 2018 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Quail St. shooting victim's parents address violence in the community

The Latest: Supporters cheer as Trump nears Helsinki hotel

France wins its 2nd World Cup title, beats Croatia 4-2 in final

World Cup final gathers large crowd at Wolff's Biergarten

ATV crash kills one and injuries three others

Advertisement