Fire alarm malfunction causes water damage at Saratoga Springs City Hall | WNYT.com

Fire alarm malfunction causes water damage at Saratoga Springs City Hall

WNYT Staff
Created: January 13, 2022 08:37 PM

SARATOGA SPRINGS - Crews spent Thursday cleaning up water damage at recently renovated Saratoga Springs City Hall.

NewsChannel 13 is told a fire alarm malfunctioned and that activated the sprinkler system.

It leaked and a pipe burst.  

Workers were evacuated because of minor flooding on the first floor and basement, but they were allowed back in later in the day.

The 150-year-old building was hit by lighting in 2018, causing major fire and water damage.


Copyright 2022 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company