Advertisement

Saratoga student sent to hospital after eating THC-laced gummy

WNYT Staff
Updated: February 26, 2020 04:32 PM
Created: February 26, 2020 04:20 PM

A 15-year-old Saratoga Springs High School student was hospitalized after he ate THC-laced gummies. That’s what the fire chief told NewsChannel 13.

First responders were called to the high school around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday. Superintendent Dr. Michael Patton says the student had a negative reaction to the edible.

Advertisement

The school has launched a full investigation into who supplied it and when and where it was consumed. The superintendent says the distribution, sale, and possession of an illegal substance on school property is a violation of their code of conduct and there are consequences.

Patton says the student's parents were notified immediately.

The student is expected to be okay.


Copyright 2020 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
North Adams police investigating shooting

Nurse recovering from COVID-19 leaves hospital after 104 days

Rensselaer Co. lawmakers defeat resolution to recognize Black Lives Matter movement

Doctors learn about impact of COVID-19 on the brain

First COVID-19 vaccine tested in US poised for final testing

Advertisement