Hurricane Ian impacting air travel plans
Several airlines that operate from Albany International Airport have issued special travel advisories and waivers for passengers scheduled to fly into areas impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Meteorologists expect the storm to make landfall Wednesday evening.
In many cases, the airlines are offering travelers the opportunity to reschedule their flights without change.
Travelers with reservations on flights to hurricane impact areas, especially in Florida, should check with their airline to determine if they are eligible to reschedule their flights without charge.
Airports in Florida likely impacted by Hurricane Ian include:
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Southwest Florida International Airport
- Punta Gorda Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport