Propane leak forces evacuation of day care, other buildings in North Greenbush
Children from the North Greenbush Preschool and Child Care Center were moved to North Greenbush Town Hall Friday after an evacuation was ordered following the discovery of a propane leak from a motor home at the Fast Food Express on Main Avenue, according to North Greenbush Police.
The preschool and day care as well as two other buildings surrounding Fast Food Express were evacuated out of precaution, the Wynantskill Fire Department said in a Facebook post. The Wynantskill Fire Department, Defreestville Fire Department, Rensselaer County HazMat, North Greenbush Ambulance and North Greenbush Police Department all responded to the incident.
By 2:44 p.m. wind had dispersed most of the propane, the evacuation was lifted and day care students brought back to the school, police said. Main Avenue was fully reopened shortly thereafter.