Advertisement

Cuomo, Rensselaer County executive at odds over reopening plan

Dan Levy & WNYT Staff
Created: June 03, 2020 06:47 PM

Governor Cuomo is reacting to Steve McLaughlin's moves to open Rensselaer County.

As NewsChannel 13 reported last week, the county executive declared the county open for business. He says he's done playing the game - and businesses should open their doors.

Advertisement

However, moving ahead of the state's reopening plan could mean fines up to $10,000 and the possibility of business owners losing their state license.

McLaughlin has said the county will set up a GoFundMe for any business that gets fined.

Hear the governor's thoughts, by watching the video of Dan Levy's story.


Copyright 2020 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Schenectady Mayor concerned over investigation leading to controversial arrest

Trump commutes longtime friend Roger Stone's prison sentence

Police cruiser video released of controversial Schenectady arrest

Lawyers for Schoharie crash victims denounce possible plea deal

Visitors allowed in NY state nursing homes again

Advertisement