This Week in Health News: 11 Stories You Need to See
A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy health industry press releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, Sept. 30, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the healthcare industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Closer Study of Major Autism Gene Suggests Possible Treatment Approach
Research led by a scientist at Cincinnati Children’s who primarily studies brain tumors may open doors for improved treatment of autism.
- Alzheimer’s Association Statement on Lecanemab Phase 3 Topline Data Release
“On behalf of the more than 6 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s disease and their families, the Alzheimer’s Association enthusiastically welcomes the positive topline data reported today by Eisai and Biogen on the CLARITY AD global Phase 3 clinical trial of lecanemab.”
- Inflation Is Making It Harder to Pay Medical Bills
A Debt.com poll shows fewer Americans have medical debt, but inflation has slowed their payments – so they’re delaying the care they need.
- Food, Nutrition and Health Investor Coalition Launches to Invest $2.5 Billion in Startups Improving Hunger and Health Outcomes through Food
The FNHIC includes agtech, food tech, nutrition, healthcare, biotech, pharma, and generalist firms, as well as innovators and executives supporting the development of innovative new technologies that will increase access to high-quality, affordable, nutritious foods and deliver positive health outcomes.
- Kroger Joins White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition and Health
Rodney McMullen, Kroger’s chairman and CEO, said, “As Kroger marks our fifth anniversary of Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and remains on track to donate 3 billion meals by 2025 and our Kroger Health business is uniquely positioned to provide care at the nexus of food and medicine, we welcome and applaud this collective focus on new initiatives and innovative ways to support our shared missions.”
- CVS Health supporting customers, patients, members, and colleagues as Hurricane Ian approaches
CVS Health remains dedicated to supporting its local communities and is in contact with disaster relief organizations to help communities respond to and recover from the storm.
- Mark Cuban Cost Plus Drug Company, PBC integrates with Rightway to lower prescription drug costs
The relationship grants members of Rightway’s Pharmacy Benefit Manager direct access to all medications available through Cost Plus Drugs.
- Gaudiani Clinic and Project HEAL Launch Landmark Partnership To Provide Discounted Medical Care to People with Eating Disorders
Gaudiani Clinic will be providing ten medical care spots to Project HEAL beneficiaries each year. Candidates for these scholarships are low-income or facing extenuating financial circumstances, experiencing discrimination related to their identity or appearance, or don’t currently have quality eating disorder treatment options through an insurance provider.
- The Black Man Project Commits to Eliminating Barriers to Mental Health for Men
Starting in October, The Black Man Project will launch free group Therapy for Black Men to create a safe space for men to share openly, begin their wellness journey and build community.
- Updated diabetes guideline released by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
The guideline features 170 updated and new evidence-based clinical practice recommendations for diabetes at every stage, including prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Cool Comedy • Hot Cuisine: A Tribute to Bob Saget Raises More Than $1.2M for Scleroderma Research Foundation
Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, John Mayer, and Jeff Ross, the signature fundraising event featured the biggest names in comedy and music to celebrate Saget’s work as a relentless champion for those affected by scleroderma.
Read more of the latest health-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNhealth on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-health-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301637510.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
Copyright © 2022 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.