Careless smoking blamed in Clifton Park apartment fire

[anvplayer video=”5061202″ station=”998132″]

NewsChannel 13 has learned a careless smoker is to blame for a fire Saturday that tore through a building at Twin Lakes Apartments in Clifton Park.

Twenty-six people are now without a home.

No people or pets were hurt.

The Clifton Park fire chief says they’ve responded to a few fires at the complex in the last 10 to 15 years.

Food and water donations are being collected for the people who lost their homes.