Cooling centers in Capital Region
Here are some of the cooling centers that will be open in the Capital Region during this weekend’s high heat.
We will update this list as more come into our newsroom.
- Beltrone Living Center 6 A Winners Cir, Colonie, NY, 12205 518-459-2711 Call for operating hours
- Colonie Village Hall 2 Thunder Rd, Albany, NY, 12205 518-218-7782 Call for operating hours
- Memorial Town Hall 534 Loudon Rd, Newtonville, NY, 12110 518-783-2700 Call for operating hours
- Public Operations Center 347 Old Niskayuna Rd, Latham, NY, 12110 518-783-2700 Call for operating hours
- Village of Menands Firehouse 250 Broadway, Albany, NY, 12204 518-463-9494 Call for operating hours
- William K. Sanford Town Library 629 Albany Shaker Rd, Albany, NY, 12211 518-458-9274 Call for operating hours
- Arbor Hill/West Hill Branch 148 Henry Johnson Blvd, Albany NY 12210 518-427-4300 Ext.2 call for operating hours and capcity (mask required)
- BACH Branch 455 New Scotland Ave, Alnany ny 12208 518-427-4300 Ext.3 call for operating hours and capacity (mask required)
- Delaware Branch 331 Delaware Ave, Albany NY 12209 518-427-4300 Ext.4 closed on Saturday
- Howe Branch 105 Schuyler Street, Albany NY 12202 518-427-4300 Ext.5 closed on Saturday
- Pine Hills Branch 517 Western Ave, Albany NY 12203 518-427-4300 Ext.7 call for operation hours and capacity (mask required)
- Washington Ave Branch 161 Washington Ave, Albany NY 12210 518-427-4300 Ext.1 call for operation hours and capacity (mask required)
- North Albany Branch (closed for renovations)
- Hockey Facility 830 Albany-Shaker Rd., Loudonville, NY 12211 518-452-7396 Hours of operation vary.
Please see schedule listed on the website linked here.
Six of Albany’s spray pads will be open Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, May 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. to provide a fun way to find relief from the warm weather.
Spray Pads are located at the following Albany parks:
- Colonie Street Park
- Green area on bend near Livingston Avenue
- Hackett Park
- North First Street
- Ridgefield Park
- 316 Partridge Street
- Rosemont Park
- 92 Rosemont Street
- North Swan Street Park
- Lincoln Park
Please note: the following spray pads will NOT be open this weekend due to ongoing maintenance: Westland Hills, Black Lives Matter Park, and Sheridan Hollow.
- Lansingburgh – Intersection of 113th Street and 4th Avenue – (Adjacent to Lansingburgh Boys and Girls Club)
- Little Italy – 5th Avenue, Liberty and Hill Streets – (Little Italy Market Place)
- South Troy – 3rd Street and Canal Avenue – (Canal Street Park)
Troy city-operated splash pads will also be open at various city parks from sunrise to sunset, including:
- Frear Park – Adjacent to Frear Park Ice Rink
- Knickerbacker Park – 7th and 104th Street
- Prospect Park – 65 Prospect Park Road
- Riverfront Park – River Street/Front Street
- Corliss Park- 1100 8th Avenue
The splash pad at Riverfront Park is open from 10:00am – 8:00pm.
- Hon. Karen B. Johnson (Central) Library Branch 10am-5pm on Saturday, May 21 12-4pm on Sunday, May 22 99 Clinton St. Schenectady, NY 12305
- Bornt Library Branch 10am-5pm on Saturday, May 21 948 State St. Schenectady, NY 12307
- Glenville Library Branch 10am-5pm on Saturday, May 21 20 Glenridge Rd. Schenectady, NY 12302
- Mont Pleasant Library Branch 10am-5pm on Thursday, August 12 1036 Crane St. Schenectady, NY 12303
- Rotterdam Library Branch 10am-5pm on Saturday, May 21 1100 N. Westcott Rd. Schenectady, NY 12306