Employee burned in acid spill at East Greenbush UAlbany campus

[anvplayer video=”5098445″ station=”998132″]

EAST GREENBUSH – Firefighters say a small amount of acid was spilled in a lab at University Place on the East Greenbush UAlbany campus.

An employee was exposed and suffered chemical burns.

The victim has been taken to the hospital.

The spill was expected to be cleaned up by early Wednesday evening.

UAlbany says while the Health Sciences Campus occupies part of the property, the lab belonged to a private tenant, not connected to the school.