Fire forces couple, 6-month-old twins from Latham home

[anvplayer video=”5080401″ station=”998132″]

LATHAM – The Red Cross is helping a Latham couple and their six-month-old twins after a Christmas Eve fire forced them out of their home.

Fire officials tell NewsChannel 13 it started in the basement of 186 Old Niskayuna Road, and sent smoke throughout the home.

There is no word yet on how the fire started.

Fortunately, the family made it out safely, but they need help now with shelter, food and clothing. That’s where the Red Cross comes in.

If you would like to help, you can click here to contact the Red Cross.