Johnstown funeral home director turns himself in to police
[anvplayer video=”5088116″ station=”998132″]
Johnstown Police said the owner of a Johnstown funeral home is in police custody.
The Johnstown police chief tells NewsChannel 13’s Jerry Gretzinger that Brian Barnett turned himself in on Monday after police say he kept human remains in a furniture storage area at his funeral home, and kept more in the garage among garbage.
Brian Barnett is facing a slew of charges, including:
- 3 counts of concealment of a human corpse
- 2 counts of grand larceny
- 3 counts of failing to bury a body within a reasonable amount of time
- 2 counts of endangering the welfare of a child
- 1 count of operating a funeral home without a license
- 4 counts of operating as a funeral director without a valid license
Barnett owns Ehle and Barnett funeral home.