Kitchen fire damages Parting Glass pub in Saratoga Springs

A popular pub in Saratoga Springs suffered damage in an early morning fire. Flames were reported around 3:30 a.m. at the Parting Glass on Lake Avenue.

Firefighters contained it to the first-floor kitchen area. They believe it to be accidental in nature and say the restaurant did not sustain structural damage, but will likely have to close for a few days.

Longtime owner Joan Desadora says it is "obviously a great relief" that the sprinkler system and firefighters were able to limit the damage. She tells NewsChannel 13 they plan to reopen as soon as possible.