Multiple crews respond to fire at Twin Lakes Apartments

CLIFTON PARK- Multiple crews responded to a large structure fire at the Twin Lakes Apartments on Lakeview Drive in Clifton Park.

According to the Clifton Park Fire Chief, Rich Coonard, the flames broke out around 10:50 a.m. Saturday.

Eight units of the 16 unit apartment building are heavily damaged and considered uninhabitable.

26 people have been forced out of their homes, and the American Red Cross is assisting 10 of those people with food, clothing and housing.

One member of the Clifton Park fire department was treated at the hospital for heat exhaustion and has since been released and is recovering.

Saratoga County officials say a discarded cigarette butt is believed to be the cause of the fire.