National Grid says weekend outage still planned for part of Troy
The plan to shut off power to more than 1,000 customers in Troy is back on.
National Grid canceled the planned outage last week because of the frigid temperatures. However, they rescheduled it for this Saturday, January 29.
This impacts people along Congress Street, Pawling Avenue, Pinewoods Avenue and the side streets along there.
National Grid spokesperson Patrick Stella says they are monitoring the weather, and as long as we don’t get a ton of snow, he says they’re likely moving ahead.
He says these outages are needed to replace equipment to prevent bigger and longer emergency outages.
Learn about how they’re working to keep customers informed, by watching the video of Rachel Tiede’s story.