Saratoga Springs City Hall celebrating 150th anniversary

Saratoga Springs City Hall is celebrating its 150th anniversary.

It was a town hall when it first opened to the public on December 28, 1871.

A ceremony was held to recognize the building’s history and the recent emergency renovation and restoration project.

In August of 2018, lightning struck the building, starting a fire in the attic.

However, back in 1871, the opening ceremony included around 2,400 people. The building cost $109,999.46.

The building served as town hall for the village and town until June 22, 1915 when the village and town of Saratoga Springs were incorporated together as a city under the commission form of government.