Saratoga Springs restaurants must follow strict rules during boil water advisory
SARATOGA SPRINGS – In Saratoga Springs, a citywide boil water advisory is dampening plans for restaurants this holiday weekend.
There was a water main break on Green Street.
The state Health Department found what they described as disease causing organisms in the water supply.
There are new sanitary rules issued for restaurants:
- Restaurants need to post “no drinking” at sinks.
- They must provide bottled water for handwashing in restrooms and at kitchen hand wash sinks.
- They must shut down water fountains.
- Only canned soda can be used.
- Restaurants must use bagged ice, and ice machines must be properly disinfected before placing back into operation.
- Boiled water may be used for cooking and restaurants are encouraged to use paper and plastic dishware and utensils when possible.
- Restaurants have to close if the business is out of water and cannot provide sanitary facilities.