Schenectady County hosting events for emergency rental assistance program
Schenectady County is hosting an event for tenants and landlords Saturday.
People will be able to learn more about the state’s emergency rental assistance program, which helps those financially impacted by the pandemic.
The event will be held at the Karen Johnson Public Library in Schenectady from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
You must make an appointment. You can make one by calling (518) 344-2794.
You should bring the following documentation with you:
- Personal identification for all household members;
- Social Security number of any household members who have been issued one
- Proof of rental amount
- Proof of residency and occupancy;
- Proof of Income to document income eligibility:Documents demonstrating monthly income; or documents demonstrating annual income for 2020.
- Copy of gas or electric utility bill, if applying for help paying for utility arrears at the same rental