WNYT has an opening for a Morning Executive Producer
WNYT/WNYA is searching for a Morning Executive Producer. The full-time position is responsible for raising the bar on storytelling, pushing for personal, and memorable stories. This person will be responsible for story selection, cultivation and crafting with reporters, anchors and producers.
Nestled between two beautiful mountain ranges lies the capital of New York State and the heart of the Capital Region. We are very proud of our diverse culture, our gorgeous landscape, and the world class entertainment we enjoy every day. We are 3 short hours away from Boston or New York City — in fact, you can take in a Broadway show or a professional sports game and get back home in time to visit one of our many craft breweries! When you join the community of the Capital Region and #TEAM13, you join a family of talented, diverse, smart, and welcoming professionals. At WNYT, we work as a team every single day. A team where collaboration is at the forefront and every opinion is valued. At NewsChannel 13, our mission is to serve the greater good of our communities and clients with local, authentic, solution-based content. We are coverage you can trust.
- Minimum 3 years of producing experience
- Deep understanding of content planning and editorial strategies with the ability to execute these strategies
- Must be a dynamic, strong leader with a clear vision and ability to communicate that vision to the staff
- Ability to coach, inspire, and motivate the next generation of television/digital journalists
- Sharp attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal, written and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of television technology
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- Supervises morning show operation
- Enforces deadlines by establishing a workflow in which deadlines can be followed
- Supervises news meetings before the newscast
- Works with Assistant News Director on morning schedule
- Manages scripts to make sure they are accurate, fresh and clean, and written in the “new, now, next” format
- Manages the execution of show’s headlines and cut-ins
- Executes breaking news by ensuring the team effectively responds to breaking news on all platforms
- Manages short- and long-term morning show planning
- Oversees Show reviews and feedback to all morning staff
- Supervises the digital execution in the mornings with breaking news and other overnight stories being updated on all platforms
Compensation and Benefits
When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate’s work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity and other market and business considerations.
The annual base salary range for this position is $70,000 – $85,000.
The above range represents the company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste in your browser:
We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.