Albany ready for St. Patrick’s Day Parade
The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade is in Albany on Saturday.
The main parade starts at 2 p.m. at Central and Quail. The North Albany parade starts at 11:30.
This will be the first time the parade has returned to its normal weekend since the pandemic. It was pushed back last year because of snow.
In addition to the Albany parade, there’s also a St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Hoosick Falls. It steps off at 1 p.m. on Saturday from Wood Park.
These are all the road closures and parking restrictions, courtesy Albany Police Department:
March 11, 2023
North Albany Limerick Parade – 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The North Albany Limerick Parade route:
Kick Off 11:30 a.m. – North First Street west of North Pearl Street at the North Albany American Legion Post. Parade will proceed east to North Pearl Street then south of North Pearl Street then to Emmett Street. Parade will continue east on Emmett Street to Broadway and then north on Broadway to Wolfert Avenue in the Village of Menands. The parade will then return back to its starting location via North Pearl Street to North First Street.
- North First Street between Broadway and Van Rensselaer Avenue
- North Pearl Street between Wolfert Avenue and Emmett Street
- Broadway between Wolfert Avenue and Emmett Street
- North Second Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
- North Third Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
- Lawn Avenue, westbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
- Bonheim Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
- Lindbergh Avenue, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
There will not be any parking restrictions for this parade.
Albany St. Patrick’s Day Parade – 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Starting at 12:00 p.m., Central Avenue between Manning Boulevard and Quail Street will be closed for parade lineup.
- Beginning at 1:00 p.m., the entire parade route will be closed to ALL traffic.
Beginning at 2:00 p.m., the parade will step off at Central Avenue and Quail Street. The parade will proceed east on Central Avenue to Washington Avenue; then east on Washington Avenue to State Street; east on State Street to approximately opposite James Street.
The parade will require the following road closures:
- Central Avenue from Manning Boulevard east to Washington Avenue
- Washington Avenue from Central Avenue to Washington Avenue/Eagle Street/State Street
- State Street from Washington Avenue/Eagle Street east to Broadway.
- In addition, ALL cross streets along the parade route will be closed in preparation for parade kick off. This will include Eagle Street as well as North and South Pearl Streets from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue.
On Saturday, March 11, 2023 from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., parking will be restricted at the following locations:
- Central Avenue, both sides from Ontario Street to Lake Avenue
- Quail Street, both sides from Bradford Street to Sherman Street
- Washington Ave, north side from Dove Street to South Swan Street
- Eagle Street, east side from State Street to Pine Street
- State Street, both sides from Lark Street east 3 spaces on each side
- State Street, both sides from South Swan Street east to Plaza Road east of Legislative Office Building
- State Street, south side from Eagle Street to Broadway
- State Street, North side from Pearl Street to Broadway
- Broadway, both sides from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue
- Green Street, both sides from State Street to Madison Avenue
- Dallius Street, both sides from Hudson Avenue to Division Street
- South Swan Street, east side from Madison Avenue to Washington Avenue