Crews work fast to put out building fire in Hudson

Firefighters worked fast to put out a fire early this morning in Hudson.

It’s fire department got a call for a chimney fire at 438 East Allen Street just after 4:40 a.m.

When crews arrived, the fire department says they saw flames coming from the first floor and the basement of a three-story building.

The cause of the fire was a faulty base in the first-floor fireplace, which firefighters say had been used just hours before the fire started.