Troy residents returning home after gas leak
People are returning home in Troy, after a gas leak on Wednesday morning closed roads and caused evacuations.
This all started around 9:30 a.m., when a city crew was working in the street and hit a gas line, near the former Notty Pine Restaurant.
A pungent odor that filled the air – along with the sound of rushing gas in the area – had lessened by lunchtime.
15th Street itself was also open around lunchtime. However, the area between 14th Street and 15th Street on Hutton remained closed as of late Wednesday afternoon.
Several business were affected – including a corner store, a barbershop and a computer store – said a neighbor who was evacuated.
There’s still no word on when the gas leak will be completely fixed.