Fire chief: Electrical fire destroyed Warrensburg home
A fire that destroyed a home in Warrensburg on Wednesday morning was caused by an electrical issue in the garage, Fire Chief Jason Hull told NewsChannel 13’s Mark Mulholland.
The fire broke out at 538 Golf Course Road, just after midnight.
The husband and wife who own the home made it out safely.
However, firefighters spent the next few hours trying to save some of their belongings, including memorabilia and equipment once owned by a close relative who was a U.S. Olympian.
Strong winds fanned the flames and made the fire spread rapidly, Hull said.