Fire forces seven people from Pittsfield home

[anvplayer video=”5180268″ station=”998132″]

Multiple people are being helped by the Red Cross, after a fire in Pittsfield, early Tuesday morning.

Pittsfield firefighters were called to the 100 block of Parker Street, shortly after 3 a.m.

Heavy smoke damaged the attic, but there’s minimal damage to the overall home.

They found the fire was coming from an electrical box which was found in the insulation between the attic and second floor.

The fire was put under control quickly and extinguished.

The Red Cross is helping seven people – including four kids. No one was hurt.

The cause is believed to be faulty wiring, fire investigators said.