Gas leak sparks fire at Inga’s Diner on Fuller Road in Colonie

[anvplayer video=”5191401″ station=”998132″]

A gas leak sparked a kitchen fire that heavily damaged Inga’s Diner on Fuller Road in Albany on Thursday afternoon.

The grease fire broke out shortly after 1 p.m.

The building appears to be salvageable, according to Fuller Road Fire Chief Michael Romano Jr. He said the heat made things even more challenging, because It’s much harder to tackle flames until the gas is shut off.

No one was hurt.