Hoosick Falls home damaged in fire

[anvplayer video=”5151419″ station=”998132″]

Firefighters responded to a home in Hoosick Falls Monday, after the roof caught on fire.

Officials say tar ignited at 162 Church Street.

The Hoosick Falls fire chief says it happened while someone was doing repair work to a home on Church Street.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire very quickly. Officials say it looked worse than it was and that the people who live there are still able to stay in their home.

The fire chief also tells NewsChannel 13 they suspect to see an increase in house fires as the cost of home heating has made people turn to using alternate methods to heat up their homes.