Johnstown man arrested in Montgomery for stealing vehicle
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office arrested Devon M. Morby, 27, of Johnstown for stealing a vehicle on Saturday evening.
Morby drove the stolen vehicle through Johnstown and Palatine while refusing to comply with police after a traffic stop, said Montgomery Sheriff’s.
Police said they captured Morby by deploying spike strips on the road and deflating the vehicle’s tires.
Morby was taken into custody without further incident and charged with the following:
- Third-degree criminal possession of stolen property (class D felony)
- Third-degree unlawful fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle (class A misdemeanor)
- Third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
- Second-degree obstructing governmental administration (class A misdemeanor)
- Endangering the welfare of a child (class A misdemeanor)
- Reckless driving
Montgomery County Sheriff’s were assisted by the New York State Police, Canajoharie Police, and Johnstown Police.