South Glens Falls family loses everything in fire
A South Glens Falls family lost everything in a fire just days before Christmas.
The home caught on fire on Friday evening. Two adults and two children – ages 4 and 17 – made it out alive, but the family’s cat was killed.
Neighbors witnessed the flames through the windows traveling up the curtains. They jumped in to try to get the mother and her two kids out.
The father, Adam Gillis, was on his way to work when he first got the news.
“All gone and being so close to Christmas. It’s just crazy how fast we can have nothing,” said Gillis.
Friends are doing whatever they can to help. A GoFundMe has been set up to try to help this family recover some of what they lost.