Savoy home destroyed by fire

A Berkshire County home has been destroyed by fire.

The fire started Saturday afternoon on Tannery Road in Savoy, Mass. in a chimney connected to a wood stove, NewsChannel 13’s media partners at The Berkshire Eagle reported.

The home was built in 1920, according to Zillow, the paper reported.
Several departments around Berkshire County helped fight the fire, with many water tanks required.

No one was injured. However, one person is being helped by the Red Cross.

Firefighters also know the person who lived there and set up a GoFundMe for them, with a goal of $10,000.