Toxic fumes sicken nine people in Albany home

[anvplayer video=”5141227″ station=”998132″]

Tenants of an Albany home are recovering from a frightening experience Tuesday night.

Nine people were evacuated from a home at 476 Hudson Avenue, including an expectant mother.

First responders say one of the vacant units was under renovation, when a product was left inside and created fumes.

The strong smell created breathing issues, headaches and constant vomiting for the tenants.

The building is now being ventilated.

The fire chief says the incident was turned over to the landlord to determine if the building is safe for tenants to return.