Troy firefighters battle extreme heat while at house fire
TROY – Firefighters in Troy were on the scene of a fire on Friday during this heatwave.
There was heavy smoke at 1639 5th Avenue, with the flames between the top floor ceiling and the roof.
The three story building has three apartments.
There’s water damage from putting the fire out, so Troy Fire Chief Eric McMahon says the electrical wiring will have to be pulled out.
McMahon says they called for extra help because of the high temperatures.
He says it’s incredibly hard for firefighters on days like this.
Learn what’s done to keep firefighters cool by watching the video.